06 Jan Position Open: LETR Assistant Director for Western Region
Applications are now being accepted for the LETR Executive Committee Assistant Director for Western Montana.
Two Assistant Directors oversee and provide support and guidance to Regional Coordinators in consultation with the Torch Run Director and Executive Committee. They maintain communications between the Director/State Liaison and Leg Leaders/Special Event Coordinators within their Regions and must have time available to give in a supervisory capacity. Assistant Directors are law enforcement officers, active or retired, approved by a majority vote of the Executive Committee.
- Preside over Executive Committee meetings in the absence of the Torch Run Director.
- Report to the Executive Committee on activities of their respective areas.
- Provide operational and consulting assistance to Regional Coordinators in their area of the state utilizing a spirit of cooperation.
- Work with Director to recruit and fill Regional Coordinator positions.
- Work with Director and State Liaison to assure policies and procedures are followed for the Run and Special Events.
- Work with Director and State Liaison to assure all sponsor agreements are followed.
- Consult with Director and State Liaison for approval of Special Events in their Regions.
- Maintain communication with Regional Coordinators through phone calls or e-mail on a monthly basis.
- Assist Regional Coordinators in recruiting Leg Leaders and Special Event Coordinators.
- Provide orientation for Regional Coordinators at Fall Leadership Conference.
- Must attend Annual LETR Kick-off Conference.
- Other duties as assigned by the Torch Run Director.
- Law Enforcement person who is committed to LETR/SOMT.
Applications due 2/15.